We’re hiring: interim Chief Operating Officer
The Good Law Project is a not for profit company established in 2017. We use public interest litigation to deliver a progressive society.
We have just secured some additional funding and now we are looking for an experienced leader or senior manager who we can engage on a day rate basis over 3-4 months to develop our business plan and get systems and policies in place which will enable us to move into our next stage of development and recruit our team.
Hours, rate and days to be negotiated but approximately three days per week. Our office is based in London, but work can be done remotely.
In consultation with the Director, this role will:
- Develop a business plan and budget to be approved by the board
- Put a suite of policies in place which can be approved by the board
- Ensure we are meeting all company reporting and data protection requirements
- Ensure financial recording systems are robust and produce quarterly management accounts for the board.
- Establish a risk register and ensure appropriate mitigations are in place which can be discussed and reviewed by the board.
- Draft job descriptions and person specifications for recruitment.
Possibility of development into an ongoing role subject to need and fit. We strongly encourage applications from those with a lived experience of disadvantage.
Please submit your CV and your covering letter (no more than two A4 pages) by Tuesday 23 April to [email protected].