We’re hiring a Communications Manager14th July 2020
Communications manager (press)
Contract: 12 month temporary contract with possibility of becoming permanent
Salary: £40,000 pa, full time
Location: Remote with the potential for working from a London office
Closing date: 4th August
About the Good Law Project:
The Good Law Project is a not-for-profit membership organisation that uses the law to protect the interests of the public. We challenge abuses of power, exploitation, inequality, and injustice. Founded by Jolyon Maugham QC, we devise and bring novel, strategic legal cases to enhance the rule of law, drive demand for further legal change and, increasingly, to strengthen and uphold environmental laws. We use the debate generated by our cases to inform and engage.
The Good Law Project is bold. We challenge the status quo and we stand up for what is right regardless of who our opponents are.
We are primarily funded by members of the public, through membership subscriptions and donations, as well as crowdfunded case-specific donations to cover the costs of our litigation. The Good Law Project is busier than ever and now plans to hire a Communications Manager to join the team.
About the Role:
You will be a versatile communications professional able to develop and place written content in a range of channels including earned media. You will be responsible for developing and implementing media strategies that secure coverage in national print and broadcast news. As part of a small, ambitious team you will be responsible for managing both proactive and reactive media, securing coverage of our litigation as well as raising the profile of Good Law Project with key audiences.
- Creating and delivering successful media relations strategies that drive meaningful responses from the public, policy-makers and opinion formers
- Responsible for communicating effectively across multiple platforms with external
- stakeholders – including national and local newspapers and websites, broadcast media, and specialist publications and websites.
- Ensuring content is high quality, relevant and useful to target audiences
- Focus on both proactive and reactive content and communications
- Producing content for multiple and diverse channels and formats including digital platforms
Skills and experience
- Strong knowledge of news media and demonstrable network of media and PR contacts.
- Proven ability to spot, tell and write a story – alongside excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrable experience of writing and editing high-quality written content and working on integrated multi-media content packages or campaigns.
- Track record of working under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organised, able to act on own initiative and meet deadlines
- Creative and confident in putting forward and discussing new ideas.
- Capacity to work collaboratively and constructively in a small team.
- Knowledge of UK political landscape.
- Commitment to a high standard of professional behaviours, including collaboration, honesty and integrity.
We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability (physical or learning), LGBT or relationship status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, gender or social class. We particularly welcome applications from BAME candidates and/or those with lived experience of disadvantage.
Here is the structure of the Good Law Project team:
To apply for the role, please submit a CV and a cover letter, along with details of two references to [email protected], with the subject line ‘Comms manager application’. Deadline is 5th August.