The deadline to apply for this position has now closed. We are currently reviewing applications and will be in touch with successful candidates regarding the next stage. We received a large number of applications for this position and so, unfortunately, will not be able to reply to individuals who have been unsuccessful.
About Good Law Project
Good Law Project’s mission is to achieve change through the law. We defend, define and change the law to protect the environment, uphold democracy, and ensure no one is left behind. We are a young organisation with a ground-breaking track record already and are now seeking to expand our staff team.
We are committed to holding Government and other powerful actors to account and to tackling issues of injustice, inequality and discrimination experienced by some of the most marginalised groups in our society.
We are now looking for a paralegal and administrative assistant to support the Legal Director and other members of our growing team with research and other paralegal and administrative tasks, helping to ensure our cases run smoothly and professionally. You can see how the role fits into the current Good Law Project team at the end of this application information.
You can read the full job description here.
Reports to: Legal Director
Salary: £26,000 per annum
Hours: 35 hours per week, over 5 days
Contract type: permanent, after completion of 3 months’ probation
Location: Hybrid office in central London (subject to any COVID-19 restrictions) with options for flexibility.
Essential experience and attributes
- Legal experience whether academic (e.g. this role would suit a Law graduate or person who has completed their professional training qualifications) or professional (e.g. through previous working in the legal sector);
- Excellent research, writing and verbal communications skills;
- A demonstrable ability to grasp quickly new concepts and areas of the law with an openness to learning new approaches, topics, and skills;
- Good IT skills including mainstream applications.
- Knowledge or experience in public law, health and social care, law relating to technology and data protection, employment, and/or other fields relevant to Good Law Project’s work;
- Knowledge or experience in using a case management system.
To apply, please send us one 3-page document containing your CV (max one page) and with a covering letter of no more than two pages outlining why you are interested in the role, and how you meet the requirements, together with the details of two referees to [email protected], with the subject line “Paralegal/ Administrative assistant application”.
Deadline for Applications midnight 25 October 2021
We intend to hold interviews via Zoom during the week commencing 15 November 2021. Exact dates and times to be confirmed.
We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, LGBT or relationship status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex or social class. We particularly welcome applications from candidates from ethnic minorities and/or those with lived experience of disadvantage.
The role is advertised as “full-time” however we are happy to discuss and explore flexible options and job share arrangements.